So I know I’m 3 days late to this amazing day, but Friday, April 12th was National Grilled Cheese Day…and I didn’t even have grilled cheese.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had a decent grilled cheese sandwich. The grilled cheese here in the dining halls just don’t put enough cheese and can’t produce the results I’m looking for.
This is a recipe I’ve always wanted to try…
- Texas Toast
- Pepper jack cheese
- American cheese
- Provolone cheese
I’m a huge fan of Texas toast and I think it’s the best bread when it comes to making a nice juicy grilled cheese. The nice puffy texture of the toasted Texas toast is just unbeatable.
I’ve always gone with mayonnaise instead of butter when I make my grilled cheese. I think it gives any grilled cheese an extra point.
- Apply mayonnaise to both sides of the bread.
- Put one piece of toast on the hot skillet.
- Apply cheeses on top of the slice of bread.
- Place other piece of bread (with mayonnaise on both sides) on top of the cheeses.
- Cook until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom bread is golden brown.
- Flip the sandwich and remove once golden brown color achieved.
Do you make your grilled cheese differently? Is there a better way to do this that I’m missing out on? Let me know down below!